Layer 3 24-Port 10G SFP+ + 4-Port 100G QSFP28 Managed Switch - XGS-6350-24X4C - Planet
Layer 3 24-Port 10G SFP+ + 4-Port 100G QSFP28 Managed Switch - XGS-6350-24X4C - Planet
Powerful 100Gbps Solution for All Long-Reach Networks
PLANET XGS-6350-24X4C is a high performance Layer 3 Managed Switch that meets the next generation Metro, Data Center, Campus and Enterprise network requirements. It has high-density 24 10G SFP+ and 4 40G/100GbE QSFP28 fiber interfaces delivered in a 1RU rugged case.
The XGS-6350-24X4C comes with the complete Layer 3 managed function with comprehensive protocols and applications to facilitate the rapid service deployment and management for both the traditional L2 and L3 networks. With support for advanced features, including RIP, OSPF, BGP, PIM-DM/SM, etc., this switch is ideal for the traditional or fully virtualized data center.
The administrator can flexibly choose the suitable transceivers according to the transmission distance or the transmission speed required extending the 1G/10G/40G/100G network efficiently. Besides, with 1.28Tbps switching capacity, the XGS-6350-24X4C can handle extremely large amounts of data in a secure topology linking to backbone or high capacity servers where audio, video streaming and multicast applications are utilized.
Extractive Power Supply Design to Increase Flexibilty
The XGS-6350-24X4C is equipped with one extractive 100~240V AC power supply unit, so it is easy to replace the power for users. Besides, the XGS-6350-24X4C reserves another backup power slot on the rear panel and users can add the second AC or DC power to the redundant power supply installation. The AC power or DC power is optional. The redundant power system is specifically designed to handle the demands of high-tech facilities requiring the highest power integrity.
Layer 3 Routing Support
The XGS-6350-24X4C enables the administrator to conveniently boost network efficiency by configuring Layer 3 static routing manually, the RIP (Routing Information Protocol) or OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) settings automatically. The RIP can employ the hop count as a routing metric and prevent routing loops by implementing a limit on the number of hops allowed in a path from the source to a destination. The OSPF is an interior dynamic routing protocol for autonomous system based on link-state. The protocol creates a link-state database by exchanging link-states among Layer 3 switches, and then uses the Shortest Path First algorithm to generate a route table based on that database.
The XGS-6350-24X4C boasts a high-performance switch architecture that is capable of providing non-blocking switch capacity and wire-speed throughput as high as 1.28Tbps, which greatly simplifies the tasks of upgrading the LAN for catering to increasing bandwidth demands.
Abundant IPv6 Support
The XGS-6350-24X4C provides IPv6 management and enterprise-level secure features such as SSH, ACL, WRR (Weighted Round Robin) and RADIUS authentication. The XGS-6350-24X4C thus helps the enterprises to step in the IPv6 era with the lowest investment. In addition, you don’t need to replace the network facilities when the IPv6 FTTx edge network is built.
Excellent and Secure Traffic Control
The XGS-6350-24X4C is loaded with powerful traffic management and WRR features to enhance services offered by telecoms and enterprises. The WRR functionalities include wire-speed Layer 4 traffic classifiers and bandwidth limitation which are particularly useful for multi-tenant unit, multi-business unit, Telco, or network service applications.
The ACL policies supported can classify the traffic by source/destination IP addresses, source/destination MAC addresses, IP protocols, TCP/UDP, IP precedence, time ranges and ToS. Moreover, various policies can be conducted to forward the traffic. The XGS-6350-24X4C also provides IEEE 802.1x port-based access authentication, which can be deployed with RADIUS, to ensure the port level security and block illegal users. Thus, the XGS-6350-24X4C empowers enterprises and campuses to take full advantage of the limited network resources and guarantees the best performance in VoIP and video conferencing transmission.
Robust Layer 2 Features
The XGS-6350-24X4C can be programmed for basic switch management functions such as port speed configuration, port aggregation, VLAN, Spanning Tree Protocol, WRR, bandwidth control and IGMP snooping. It also supports 802.1Q tagged VLAN, Q-in-Q, voice VLAN and GVRP Protocol. In addition, the number of VLAN interfaces is 1K and the number of VLAN IDs is 4K. By supporting port aggregation, the XGS-6350-24X4C allows the operation of a high-speed trunk combined with multiple ports. It enables up to 32 groups for trunking with a maximum of 8 ports for each group.
Efficient and Secure Management
For efficient management, the XGS-6350-24X4C Managed 100Gigabit Switch is equipped with console, Web and SNMP management interfaces. With its built-in Web-based management interface, the XGS-6350-24X4C offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. The XGS-6350-24X4C supports standard Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and can be managed via any standard-based management software. For reducing product learning time, the XGS-6350-24X4C offers Cisco-like command via Telnet or console port. Moreover, the XGS-6350-24X4C offers secure remote management by supporting SSH connection which encrypts the packet content at each session.
Flexibility and Extension Solution
The XGS-6350-24X4C provides twenty four 10Gbps SFP+ and four 100Gbps QSFP28 Fiber interfaces. Each of the SFP+ slots supports Dual Speed, 10GBASE-SR/LR or 1000BASE-SX/LX and each of the QSFP28 slots supports native 100 Gigabit Ethernet, 40G and 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet modes. Therefore, the administrator can flexibly choose the suitable SFP transceiver according to not only the transmission distance, but also the transmission speed required. The distance can be extended from 550 meters to 2km (multi-mode fiber) or up to 10/20/30/40/50/70/120 km (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.
High Availability Mesh Networking Solution for Big Data System
By means of improving the technology of Optical Fiber Ethernet with highly-flexible, highly-extendable and easy-to-install features, the XGS-6350-24X4C offers up to1.28Tbps data exchange speed via Optical Fiber interface and the transmission distance can be extended to 120km (single-mode fiber). The XGS-6350-24X4C features strong rapid self-recovery capability to prevent interruptions and external intrusions. It incorporates Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (802.1s MSTP) into customer’s automation network to enhance system reliability and uptime. The XGS-6350-24X4C is the ideal solution for data centers, service providers and telecoms to build redundant connection and establish high bandwidth for Big Data server farm.
Triple Play Service of Backbone Network Solution
In telecommunications, triple play service is a marketing term for the provisioning over a single broadband connection of more bandwidth-intensive services, such as broadband Internet access, television and the latency-sensitive telephone. The XGS-6350-24X4C provides up to 1.28Tbps bandwidth to exchange data, voice and video packets via fiber patch cable. It’s the suitable aggregation switch for ISPs and Telcos building a heavy traffic backbone network infrastructure.
Layer 3 VLAN Routing and 100G Uplink Application
With the built-in robust Layer 3 routing protocols, the XGS-6350-24X4C ensures reliable routing between VLANs and network segments. The routing protocols can be applied by VLAN interface with up to 128 routing entries. The XGS-6350-24X4C, the ideal solution for enterprises, offers greater security, control and bandwidth conservation, and high-speed uplink.
- 24 10GBASE-SR/LR SFP+ slots, compatible with 1000BASE-SX/LX/BX SFP
- 4 QSFP28 slots, each supports native 100 Gigabit Ethernet, 40G and 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet modes
- RJ45 to DB9 console interface for switch basic management and setup
IP Routing Features
- Supports maximum 128 static routes and route summarization
- Supports dynamic routing protocol: RIP and OSPF
Layer 2 Features
- Auto-MDI/MDI-X detection on each RJ45 port
- Prevents packet loss flow control
- IEEE 802.3x pause frame flow control in full-duplex mode
- Back-pressure flow control in half-duplex mode
- High performance Store-and-Forward architecture, broadcast storm control, port loopback detect
- 32KC MAC address table, automatic source address learning and aging
- Supports VLAN
- IEEE 802.1Q tag-based VLAN
- GVRP for dynamic VLAN management
- Up to 4094 active VLANs
- Provider Bridging (VLAN Q-in-Q, IEEE 802.1ad) supported
- Private VLAN Edge (PVE) supported
- GVRP protocol for Management VLAN
- Protocol-based VLAN
- MAC-based VLAN
- Supports Link Aggregation
- Maximum 32 trunk groups with up to 8 ports per trunk group
- IEEE 802.3ad LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol)
- Cisco ether-channel (static trunk)
- Supports Spanning Tree Protocol
- STP, IEEE 802.1D (Classic Spanning Tree Protocol)
- RSTP, IEEE 802.1w (Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol)
- MSTP, IEEE 802.1s (Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol, spanning tree by VLAN)
- BPDU & root guard
- Port mirroring to monitor the incoming or outgoing traffic on a particular port (many to many)
- Provides port mirror (many-to-1)
Quality of Service
- 8 priority queues on all switch ports
- Supports strict priority and WRR (Weighted Round Robin) CoS policies
- Traffic classification
- IEEE 802.1p CoS/ToS
- IPv4/IPv6 DSCP
- Port-based WRR
- Strict priority and WRR CoS policies
- Supports IPv4 IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3; and IPv6 MLD v1 and v2 snooping
- Querier mode supports
- Supports Multicast VLAN Register (MVR)
- IEEE 802.1x port-based network access authentication
- MAC-based network access authentication
- Built-in RADIUS client to co-operate with the RADIUS servers for IPv4 and IPv6
- TACACS+ login users access authentication
- IP-based Access Control List (ACL)
- MAC-based Access Control List
- Supports DHCP snooping
- Supports ARP inspection
- IP Source Guard prevents IP spoofing attacks
- Dynamic ARP Inspection discards ARP packets with invalid MAC address to IP address binding
- Management IP for IPv4 and IPv6
- Switch Management Interface
- Console/Telnet Command Line Interface
- Web switch management
- SNMP v1, v2c and v3 switch management
- SSH secure access
- BOOTP and DHCP for IP address assignment
- Firmware upload/download via TFTP or HTTP Protocol for IPv4 and IPv6
- SNTP (Simple Network Time Protocol) for IPv4 and IPv6
- User privilege levels control
- Syslog server for IPv4 and IPv6
- Four RMON groups 1, 2, 3, 9 (history, statistics, alarms and events)
- Supports ping, trace route function for IPv4 and IPv6